🔷 What's New
🔷 Program Usage
🔷 Logging In
🔷 Guest Login
🔷 Interface Overview
🔷 Font Setting/4K Support
🔷 My First PT Lab
🔷 Workspace Basics
🔷 Workspace List
Customizing Icons & BG
🔷 Customizing Icons & BG
🔷 Creating Custom Templates
🔷 Realtime Mode
🔷 Simulation Mode
PDU Color Legend
Connections / Links
Devices & Modules
🔷 End Devices
🔷 Structured Cabling
🔷 Other Devices
🔷 Router IOS
🔷 Router IOS 15
🔷 Switch IOS
🔷 ASA CLI
🔷 WRT300N GUI
🔷 Home Router
🔷 Home Router GUI
🔷 Meraki Devices
🔷 PCs & Laptops
🔷 Other Devices
🔷 Layer 1
🔷 Layer 2
🔷 Layer 3 Routing
🔷 Layer 3 IP
🔷 Layer 4
🔷 Layer 5
🔷 Layer 7
🔷 Answer Network
🔷 Initial Network
🔷 Activity Testing/Checking
🔷 Running Activities
🔷 Variable Manager
🔷 Scoring Model/Scripting
🔷 Assessment Items
🔷 Shape Tests
Internet of Things
🔷 Using Things
🔷 Creating Things
🔷 Python API
🔷 Visual API
🔷 Scripting Interface
🔷 Script Engine
🔷 Web Views
🔷 Data Store
🔷 Data Store Editor
🔷 Custom UDP Processes
Sample Files & Design Patterns
🔷 Concept Builders
🔷 Skill Builders
🔷 Design Challenges
Tutorial1 Getting Started
1-1 Interface Overview
See section 15-1 for changes in 7.2
- Learn how to navigate the main interface.
- Learn how to customize Packet Tracer options.
2 Logical Workspace
2-1 Creating A Network Topology
- Learn how to create, arrange, delete and connect devices.
2-2 Custom Device Templates
- Learn how to create and remove custom device templates.
2-3 Clustering A Network Topology
- Learn how to create, arrange, uncluster, delete, and connect clusters.
2-4 Annotating A Network Topology
- Learn how to edit and annotate a network topology.
3 Configuring Devices
3-1 Config Tab
- Learn how to configure devices using the Config tab.
3-2 Desktop Tab
- Learn how to configure devices using the Desktop tab.
3-3 Services Tab
- Learn how to configure device services using the Services Tab.
3-4 CLI Tab
- Learn how to configure devices using the CLI tab.
4 Realtime and Simulation Modes
4-1 Simulation Environment
- Introduces an overview of the simulation environment.
4-2 Simulation Panel
- Learn the details of every feature in the Simulation Panel including the Event List, Play Controls, and Event List Filters.
4-3 Advanced Simulation Mode
- Introduces more advanced features in Simulation Mode to users.
4-4 PDU Information
- Explains the information displayed in a PDU and how to use Challenge mode in a PDU.
5 Physical Workspace
5-1 Navigating Physical Workspace
- Introduces a brief description of the interface of Physical Workspace and how to navigate Physical Workspace.
5-2 Modifying Physical Workspace
- Explains how to modify Physical Workspace by creating new objects, removing existing objects, and moving objects from one location to another location in Physical Workspace.
5-3 Structured Cabling
- Learn how to create realistic structured cabling in the Physical Workspace.
5-4 Physical And Logical Workspace
- Demonstrates how the Logical Workspace and the Physical Workspace interact.
6 Activity Wizard Novice
6-1 Launch and Exit Activity Wizard
- Demonstrates how to launch and exit Activity Wizard.
6-2 Write Instructions
- Demonstrates how to write instructions for an activity.
6-3 Answer Network
- Reviews features related to the answer network.
6-4 Initial Network
- Reviews features related to the initial network.
6-5 Test Activity and Check Activity
- Explains how to use the Test Activity and Check Activity features to create a reliable activity.
6-6 Set Password, Save, and Distribute the newly created Activity
- Demonstrates how to set a password, how to save and distribute an activity.
7 Activity Wizard - Variable Manager
7-1 Introduction To Activity Wizard Variable Manager
- Introduces the Variable Manager of the Activity Wizard.
7-2 Creating Pools
- Explains and demonstrates how to create a pool in the Variable Manager.
7-3 Creating Variables
- Explains and demonstrates how to create a variable in the Variable Manager.
7-4 Using Variables In The Instructions
- Demonstrates how to apply variables to the Instructions.
7-5 Using Variables In Network Topology
- Demonstrates how to apply variables to the Network Topology.
7-6 Using Variables In Assessmenent Tree
- Demonstrates how to apply variables to the Assessment Tree.
7-7 Using Variables In Connectivity Tests
- Demonstrates how to apply variables to the Connectivity Tests section.
7-8 Using Variables In Overall Feedback
- Demonstrates how to apply variables to the Overall Feedback section.
7-9 Verifying Variable Assignments
- Demonstrates how to verify assigned variables.
7-10 Variable Manager Concatenation
- Demonstrates sting concatenation with variables.
8 Activity Wizard - Scoring Model
8-1 Scoring Interface Overview
- Gives an overview of the Scoring Model interface in the Activity Wizard.
9 Activity Wizard - Miscellaneous Features
9-1 Importing and Exporting Network Files
- Goes over importing an existing file as an Answer network.
9-2 External Instructions
- Goes over using external instructions for an activity.
9-3 Student model Variables
- Goes over changing points and components in an activity.
9-4 Shape Tests
- Goes over how to create a graded activity item requiring users to encircle devices and links.
10-1 WRT 300N Topologies
- Demonstrates how to use a WRT300N router in a SOHO network.
11-1 Enabling Multiuser
- Demonstrates how to enable the Multiuser feature in Packet Tracer.
11-2 Creating a Multiuser Connection
- Demonstrates the creation of a connection between two remote peers.
11-3 Enabling Port Visibility
- Demonstrates the usage of the Port Visibility feature.
11-4 Beyond Two Packet Tracer Instances
- Demonstrates how to chain three Packet Tracer instances together.
12 Window Management
12-1 Organizing The Interface
- Explains how to organize windows in the Packet Tracer Interface.
12-2 Multiple Windows
- Shows how to manage multiple windows when Packet Tracer is launched locally.
13 WAN Cloud Configuration
13-1 Frame Relay
- Demonstrates how to create a Frame Relay network using the WAN cloud.
13-2 DSL Cable
- Demonstrates how to create DSL and Cable on the WAN cloud.
- Demonstrates how to create a Dial-Up network using the WAN cloud.
14 Internet of Things
14-1 Network Devices
- Explore devices and protocols.
14-2 Home Gateway and Registration Server
- Connect your IoT device to a server for remote control.
14-3 Actuators, Sensors and Smart Devices
- Explore the new IoT devices.
14-4 Smart Home
- How to create a Smart Home with the new IoT features.
14-5 Physical Workspace
- Learn how to use containers, bendpoints, and other physical workspace capabilities.
14-6 Web Server
- See what you can do with the HTTP server now.
14-7 Thing Editor and Device Manager
- Learn how to create your own custom IoT device.
14-8 Email Client and MCU
- Learn how to use the email client with the MCU.
- See how the environment affects the sensors.
14-10 Environment Key Frames
- Control the environment variables to create a dynamic world.
15 Packet Tracer - What’s New
15-1 New look for Packet Tracer 7.2
- Familiarize yourself with the new interface of Packet Tracer 7.2.
15-2 Whats New in Packet Tracer 7.1
- Introduce the latest capabilities of Packet Tracer 7.1.
15-3 Using the Activity Sequencer in Packet Tracer
- Link multiple PKAs together using Packet Tracer.
15-4 Enhanced Layer One Functions in Packet Tracer
- How to use the new Patch Panel and Wall Plate in Packet Tracer.
15-5 Checking Code on an IoT device in Packet Tracer
- How to use the code testing feature in the Activity Wizard in Packet Tracer.